Throughout our school, a Christian worldview is developed. Each subject integrates faith and learning with questions that guide students toward a greater understanding of God’s world and their role in it.
While textbooks are primary resources, teachers incorporate additional materials that advance understanding with the subject area. Curriculum materials are selected that meet Georgia standards. Regular assessments help guide the teacher in instruction.
In addition to core curriculum, Heritage students take part in Chapel, PE, Music, Recorders, Violin, Library, Computer, Art, and educational field trips.
- Reading: Kindergarten-2nd Grade – Superkids Reading Program – www.rowlandreading.org; 3rd Grade & above – Harcourt Trophies http://www.harcourtschool.com/menus/trophies.html, and Great Books – www.greatbooks.org
- Grammar: Bob Jones University Press for grammar and writing - www.bjupress.com
- Literature: Elements of Literature by HRW - http://eolit.hrw.com/hlla/
- Vocabulary: Sadlier-Oxford - http://www.sadlier-oxford.com/vocabulary/
- Singapore Math (Kindergarten-6th grade) – www.singaporemath.com
- Pre Algebra (7th grade)
- Algebra (8th grade)
- Harcourt Science: http://www.harcourtschool.com/menus/harcourt_science.html
- Glencoe Science: http://www.glencoe.com/sec/science/glencoescience/index.html
- Harcourt Horizons Social Studies: http://www.harcourtschool.com/menus/harcourt_horizons/topmenu/index.html
- Glencoe Social Studies: http://www.glencoe.com/sec/socialstudies/fybh/cahss.html
- Georgia Heritage Social Studies
- American Legacy